Bliss balls are an amazing nutritious treat – whether you are living a healthy lifestyle or wanting to try something new. Most bliss balls/ protein balls on the web are very high in fructose/ fruit sugars as they are 78-80% date based. These however, are nut based.
Bliss balls are fantastic because you can pretty much make them out of anything – Nuts, Dried fruits, Coconut etc etc and they are SO easy! (Providing you have a Food Processor/ Blender of some kind)
For these you will need:
1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
2tbsp Chia Seeds
1/2 Cup Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Brazil – You choose!)
3tbsp Nut Butter (I used Almond)
1 Serving of Protein Powder (Optional)
1 Scoop Coconut Greens (or any alternative you may have)
and a swish of almond milk/ any milk depending on consistency.
1. Add Oats, Nuts, Coconut Greens and Protein Powder (if using) to a blender/ food processor and blend until the nuts have ground down and the ingredients have mixed together.
2. Add in the Nut Butter and Chia Seeds and mix again. The mixture should start sticking together at this point. Blend until the mixture has turned into a cookie dough like consistency.
3. Add the milk if mixture is too dry – don’d add to much or it will get very mushy/ too wet.
4. Roll into balls using about a Tbsp and a half of the mixture for each (or more/ less depending on how big you would like them)
5. (Optional) Roll in Cocoa Powder/ Shredded Coconut.
6. Put them in the fridge/ Freezer to harden to the consistency you would like them.
These will last in the fridge for around a week ( if they last that long!) and a great for a mid morning/ mid afternoon pick me up, Pre-workout/post workout snack or even a after dinner treat!